Monday, September 7, 2009

SANDY DOWNES LETTER TO EDITOR RIVEREAST SEPTEMBER 11TH

Dear Friends:


As I started the process of seeking the Republican nomination for First Selectman for the Town of Portland, I wanted to gain insight as to some of the key issues and challenges that Portland residents see facing the town to make sure that I would be right for this critical position. To this end, the Portland Republicans sent out a survey focusing on four key areas: (1) education, (2) quality of life, (3) economic development and (4) infrastructure. The response was overwhelming. As I read the handwritten comments, two words seemed to jump off the cards and capture the general need of the responders—leadership and vision.


It was at this point that I decided to accept the nomination because I knew that with my business experience and educational background I am what Portland needs at this time—a strong leader with a vision for the town that the residents can believe in and support.


I am an attorney and legal strategist with over 25 years of corporate business experience which has provided me with a complementary mix of business and legal skills in the areas of employee benefits, contract negotiations, budget management and strategic business planning. I know I can make a difference!


In this week’s Rivereast is an insert with information regarding one of the questions on the survey. The question was: Do you believe that Portland’s elected officials listen to citizens’ opinions and act upon their concerns? As indicated by the survey, the answer is clearly NO. I encourage you to read the insert and take a moment to visit our blog at:
http://portlandctgop.blogspot.com/ to read many of the responses to this question and the Republican’s plan to listen to citizens. As stated in the survey, we know you want to be heard. We Hear You!


Over the upcoming weeks we will be sharing the responses with you and the Republican plan. It should be noted that the survey was not an official statistical survey, it was conducted by the Portland Republicans to learn more about the concerns of Portland residents.


I look forward to getting to know as many of Portland residents as I can. I will demonstrate that I am worthy of your support to elect me as First Selectman. Portland needs a First Selectman who can provide leadership and vision and I believe I am that person.


Sincerely,
Sandy Downes
Republican Candidate for First Selectman



No comments:

Post a Comment